Drifter (MC Sinners Next Generation #2) By Bella Jewel

Pages: 226
Release Date: March 21st 2016
Publisher: Kindle Edition
Series: MC Sinners Next Generation
Buy: Amazon
Add: Goodreads

Synopsis...
They say opposites attract. In my world that isn’t a good thing.
I did everything I could to escape the grips of motorcycle club I grew up in when I turned twenty-one.
It wasn’t about fear, or betrayal, or even lack of love. I just needed my own life.
I had to know how it felt to stand on my own two feet without their protection.
Then I met Diesel. Mysterious, dark, with eyes that screamed to be understood.
From the second I met him, I knew I needed to be in his life.
There’s just one problem – he’s a member of a different motorcycle club.
Two things that should never be combined. Yet I can’t stay away.
No matter how hard he pushes. I can see beyond his mask.
I need to know who he is and I’ll overcome any obstacle to be in his life.
A friendship is born, followed by an epic love.
Our relationship is forbidden.
But I’ll do anything to be in his life.
Anything.

My Thoughts

Shifter, the second book for the MC next generation series is based on Spike and Ciara’s daughter – Mercedes.  This is a standalone novel but to get the full experience of the series its best to read in the full series.

So Mercedes is a college student who is so sheltered and controlled by the MC club that she decides to experience freedom by living in accommodation away from the club. She meets diesel the son of Jaylah and Mack from the Jokers’ wrath MC (which is another book series that you must tune into – anguish is the story of Mack and Jaylah). This is the story about forbidden love. If you have read Anguish you would know that he is the love child of Mack and previous late lover Ingrid and he is actually adopted by Jaylah – a whole other story you should tune into.

If you have also read Pandemonium the first book for the series, there is a snippet of the first encounter told by Mercedes to Ava of a musician that she kissed but hasn’t interacted with since, even though they go to the same college. Diesel is has a girlfriend who is possessive and threatened by Mercedes and takes various measures to keep her away. Little does she know that her actions are only bringing them closer.

Diesel is distant and is actually a bit of a bully at the start of the book but Mercedes relentless attempt of trying to form a truce they eventually form a friendship. ( fans of Penelope Douglas Bully , his character reminded me of Jared). However, diesel continues to date the girlfriend from hell because it is the easier option and this causes difficulties in the relationship, one – because she is insanely jealous and two – because there is a growing attraction between diesel and Mercedes. This is not the only problem. Dating from other MC is strictly forbidden so this causes inevitable obstacles for the two. Both the characters are similar in the sense as they yearn for freedom from responsibilities and life from the MC despite being very proud of their roots.

I stand up launching my chair back. may it is but maybe im tired of it.

"Because of this club, I can't have the friends I want. Because of this club, I don't get to be who I am, or love who i want."

"Bullshit!" Dad roars. 

Mercedes is a strong headed girl and diesel at times is an A hole but an honest one, and faithful one – if that makes sense Lol. Their relationship is so cute because Mercedes is able to bring out a side of him that makes us readers’ SWOON and their ability to fight for their own aspirations and expectations is what makes their young age shine. It was quite interesting to see the two generations that we read about in previous books such as Mack and Spike battle it out with the younger ones Diesel and Mercedes but eventually their love conquers their differences.

" I came to see your band remember? You were a jerk back then, too.You were also sadly my first kiss. It;s nice to know I'm one of the so many that you can't even remember my face."

His face is hard when he leans in close. " I remember faces, I guess your's wasn't good enough to stick".

ugh jerk. 

I really enjoyed this book – it had very thing that I loved, characters from previous books, jealous moody heroes, Badass heroines, and tension and contemporary dilemmas. It is a shorter faster read than the other books but is as equally as enjoyable. 
My Rating: 5 Stars!!

Comments

Popular Posts