Out of Bounds (The Summer Games #2) by R.S. Grey

Pages: 442
Release Date: July 18th 2016
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Other Books: The Summer Games
Buy: Amazon
Add: Goodreads

Synopsis...
I despise Erik Winter.

He’s arrogant and cruel—a man I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy—and by some twisted turn of fate, he’s my new Olympic gymnastics coach.

I’ve had to contend with gruff coaches in the past, but Erik is far worse. His stern demeanor complements a body built for intimidation, and his reprimands come from a mouth so cunning, I know it could strip me of my defenses—if I let it.

Though each of us would love to be rid of the other forever, we are bound to each other by need and necessity. I’m his rising star, his best shot at proving himself to his critics. And without a coach, I have zero chance of winning gold in Rio.

The easiest way forward would be to wave a white flag and make peace with the man I’ll be sharing close quarters with for the foreseeable future, but he is intent on war.

Fine. By. Me.

If he pushes me, I’ll push back harder. If he wants to test me, to play with my head, I’ll show him just how many boundaries I’m willing to cross. Because I know it’s not a choice between winning or warring—not if you can have them both. At the end of it all, I plan on leaving Rio with gold around my neck and his icy heart in the palm of my hand.

My thoughts
Summer games can is a Sports Romance novel that can be read as a standalone. It is the second book to The Summer Games series.

I LOOOOVED THIS BOOK! I Don’t read many sports romance books because I know nothing about football, hockey or soccer which tend to be the main occupation of the female or male leads however – this one was gymnastics and as a former gymnastic fanatic – I had to read. Also, it was set in the Olympics which is a DOUBLE BONUS in my books – its like my two favourite things, Romance books and Gymnastics got together and had a baby...hehe.

So yes, back to the book , it involves Brie Watson, a US gymnast who is training to compete in the Olympics and 29 year old ex - gymnast Erik winter, the newly appointed coach for the women’s gymnastics team after his father was hospitalised. The story starts with her travelling to his house in seattle where the rest of the female gymnasts will also be training however she arrives earlier than required. And this is when his Erik’s first Arseholery behaviour starts **roll eyes**. After first introduction and first impressions it is clear that Eric is a  manwhore and arrogant A hole who treats Brie like a child which does in effect , irritate her and this pleases him more.  But in a weird way it is kinda attractive lool. However we realise that this is just a cover for him in order to protect himself from liking Brie even more, even to the extent that they live in two seperate buildings far away from each other. 

“We were using each other, fucking and fighting like it was our job. We'd become each other's prisoners, twisting ourselves into a sexual Stockholm syndrome, but now we were in Rio.”

Brie is a struggling financially and is trying to help her mom who has helped her succeed in her career in order to pay her back , so getting a medal in the Olympics is more than just a prize but a necessity. Eric is constantly pushing Brie’s buttons and they have an ongoing rivalry which gets noticed by the other gymnasts. Erik sees Brie's desperate need to win the medals but what for he doesn't know neither does Brie reveal and so he distances himself and resists his attraction towards her in order to allow her to do her best and not distract her to what is important. Fair play. -but this is still not enough as Brie tries to grow closer and make him crazy by playing games with him. 

" do you feel how hard it is to resist me?"...
.. "Arsehole." I muttered under my breath.
He stopped dead in his tracks, turned, and glared at me on the ground.
" Since Brie didn't finish that round, we'll all repeat it. From the top."

This book made me laugh out loud, smile so much my cheeks were hurting , Swoon and has such amazing character development that it becomes relatable – we start feeling Brie’s emotions, the annoyance, anger, frustration and desperation. 

“Brie wasn’t a woman that would try to fit whatever ideal mold I thought I had for a partner; she was a woman that shattered the mold and made me feel the excitement of young love again."

I absolutely LOVED THE BOOK and would recommend it to people who like battles between the hero and heroine , some real games and challenges before romance. 
My Rating: 5 Stars!!

Comments

Popular Posts